Some of the best skiing in the area is just minutes from the Christmas Farm Inn, and the Jackson New Hampshire ski trails are getting great press recently from big publications like Boston Magazine.
- The most convenient skiing is the Jackson Ski Touring trails right outside the Christmas Farm Inn cottages and rooms. Simply step out your door, strap on your cross country skis or snowshoes and hit 55 miles of trails through the beautiful countryside around Jackson. You can also rent equipment from the Jackson Ski Touring Center.
- Boston Magazine and Ski Magazine have both picked Wildcat Mountain for its scenery. If you love the great outdoor this is the perfect place to go to be wowed by the beautiful White Mountains. Enjoy the lifts as much as the downhill thrill when surrounded by the stunning natural wonder all around at Wildcat. The New York Times also praised it for its simplicty and the emphasis on pure nature in the midst of the White Mountain National Forest, without bright light and commercial sprawl. With plenty of expert trails, it's not to be missed for the true ski fan, but have trail easiest enough for intermediates and beginners.
- Black Mountain has also been picked by Boston Magazine for best value. With four lifts, 40 trails, a half pipe, and two terrain parks, you get a lot of mileage for your ticket. It's been noted by Travel and Leisure magazine as especially great for families, thanks to its low key, low tech vibe, 20 trails of different difficulties, and proximity of Jackson Ski Touring center's nordic trails.
- Bretton Woods has earned chops for the variety of activities available. The resort offers not only ot just skiing and snowboarding, but also ice skating, tubing, a heated outdoor pool, horse-drawn sleighs, or even dog sledding. It also underwent a decade long improvement plan to include even more options, such as ziplines, a sledding hill, and a playground. They also upgraded their rental eqipment.
- Cranmore Mountain is a very popular destination that has also recently undergone a number of upgrades. They have opened new trails and connectors in recent years, as well as upped their snowmaking capabilities, adding the mountain coaster, giant swing, and ziplines, and improved the lifts.