We thought it would be a good idea to introduce ourselves to all who are fond of the Christmas Farm Inn & Spa, but whom we have yet to meet. We are the Plourde family: Gary, Sandra, Sofia and Quintin.
How We Got Here
Gary was born and brought up in Maine, served in the U.S. Army, studied at the University of Maine, University of Salzburg, Austria and the London School of Economics. After graduating, he embarked on an international career in the hotel industry, living in London for many years, then Croatia and South Africa, working for major hotel chains like, Forte Hotels, Le Meridien, Marriott and Starwood.
Sandra was born and brought up in Kiel, in northern Germany, studied hotel management and began her career working at St. James Court, a five star hotel in London. She later worked for a leading European Tour Operator, Airline Representation firm and Destination Marketing company.
We met in London, where we both lived for many years and knew each other for 7 years before getting engaged. Sofia was born in London, and soon after we moved to Zagreb, Croatia. Quintin was born in Zagreb, Croatia, and soon after, we moved to Cape Town, South Africa. Gary worked for Starwood Hotels & Resorts representing the Westin, Sheraton and Luxury Collection brand of Starwood in SA. Sandra concentrated on giving our children a head start…and lots of ice cream!
As a team, we have many years of experiences working in the travel and tourism industry, namely: Sales, marketing and operations of hotels; tour operating and destination marketing. We thought we would like to use our experiences for our own business. For a number of years we had been looking for an inn to call our own, and a place to settle down with the children. What we wanted was idealistic. It had to be special…and we found it. Or rather, it found us!
In our search, we were contacted by Earl Wason, a broker representing George and Mike Tolley, owners of the Christmas Farm Inn & Spa. “Is this for real – it’s too perfect to be true”, said Sandra. “We could never afford it”, said Gary. But, we were idealistic, and so were the Tolleys, about finding a ‘family’ to take over the inn and bring back the warmth and charm to the Christmas Farm Inn & Spa. Over time agreements were made, papers signed, and we made our move to the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
Ideally, we would like to share with you all our plans for the Christmas Farm Inn & Spa. These have taken us many months of long hours and research to formulate. But, we will spare you! However, you may like to know our vision for the Christmas Farm Inn & Spa. In the future, we will update you on the current initiatives, programs and packages we will offer, and on any improvements we have made.
- The Christmas Farm Inn & Spa is a deluxe lifestyle leisure and event resort dedicated to providing a quintessential New England experience. We offer first-class accommodation, authentic country cuisine and exceptional caring service. In the Spirit of Christmas, we celebrate the simple pleasures of life every day: friends, family, fun, love, adventure and wellbeing.
The Christmas Farm Inn & Spa is a place where people want to be!
- We are dedicated to providing enriching, authentic experiences; traditional comfort; relaxed and elegant surroundings; healthy country cuisine; and a genuine warm and friendly service.
- We are proud to be a centre for adventure, exploration, personal discovery, inspiration and wellness in a spectacular, natural and beautiful setting.
- We are engaged in our community; support our local economy and enterprise; celebrate our local arts and culture; and share the charms and treasures of our destination.
- We are guardians and care takers of our environment and encourage others to enjoy the wonders of our destination in a fun and responsible way.
Thanks for taking an interest in our lives and our plans for the Christmas Farm Inn & Spa. We look forward to welcoming you in the future and sharing the memories that you will create here.
Gary, Sandra, Sofia and Quintin Plourde
Mystery Quilt Quiltfest Retreat - November 5-7, 2010
Quilt a magical Mystery Quilt, step by step, under the guidance of the well-known expert teacher, Judy McIlvaine ! You will relax and be charmed by the peace and historic beauty of the Christmas Farm Inn & Spa while completing a lap sized quilt top or finished quilt.
Great for beginners and experienced quilters alike, you will uncover the secret as the lesson continues under Judy’s helpful guidance. (Beginner quilters will learn how to sew a ¼ inch seam, use a rotary cutter, and other basics.) All will enjoy the ambiance of the Barn workshop’s cozy fire, wonderful lighting and ample workspace.
A visit to our luxurious Spa will mend your soul!
This fantastic weekend package includes:
* wine and cheese welcome Friday evening
* 2 nights lodging
* 2 breakfasts cooked to order Sat and Sun
* yummy brown bag lunch on Sat
* full course dinner Saturday evening in the
* Saturday quilt class taught by quilting expert Judy McIlvaine
* dedicated quilting space Friday eve from 4 pm - Sunday 2 pm
* exclusive discounts - The Quilt Shop @ Vac ‘n Sew, Rt 16,
* fresh baked cookies, coffee, tea
* prizes, quilting layout tables, ironing boards w/irons, music
* discounted Spa coupon & heated indoor pool, jacuzzi
* wireless access
* walking distance to
* great outlet shopping in nearby
Limited to only 20 people so call a friend and register early!!
Prices start at only $249 per person
including 9.5% hotel tax, meal tax & gratuities!
Who: Adult Women Only! (No men…No children… AMEN!!!)
When: Wednesday, April 24th, 2012 to Sunday, April 29th, 2012
Where: Christmas Farm Inn and Spa – Jackson, NH
Attention Scrapbooking fans! How does 5 days/4 nights of uninterrupted scrapbooking sound to you? 10 spots remain – availability is based on a first come first serve basis. (Non-scrapbooking ladies are welcome too! Bring family/friends!!!)
On the beautiful property of the Christmas Farm Inn, we have reserved the building named “The Barn” for our exclusive use. The highlight of the building is the big function room that we have 24 hour access to! So you set up once… and can scrapbook at any time day or night!
3 night stay 4 night stay
Triple $242 per person Triple $302 per person
Quad $204 per person Quad $251 per person
- Overnight accommodation including breakfast (Continental Wednesday to Friday, Full American on Saturday and Sunday)
- BBQ Luncheon including tea/coffee, including tax and gratuity
- Housekeeping gratuity
- Barn room rental and set up
Beverages with the luncheon
Optional events not sponsored by the Inn (ex: Border Swap, Yankee Swap, Taco Night)
The Untold Mystery of The Christmas Farm Inn
This delightful story will come alive , Friday, Saturday and , during the Polar Express season. The story will be performed by Ebeneazor himself, the Storyteller Extraordinaire, in the historic barn building just behind the main Inn. The public is invited to attend, with an admission charge of $5.00. Come and learn about Santa’s daughter Holly and how Jackson played an important role in Santa's nightly journey each year! Bring your camera for a picture with Ebeneazor after the performance, and your family photos in our Magical Christmas Barn.
There will be a special Thanksgiving show schedule during the first week: , , no show .
Then performances will be each Thursday, Friday, Saturday and .
, 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20
We hope to see you there!